A bored child is a naughty child and a potentially annoying child. With this in mind, it is vital to keep your toddler active, happy and entertained. This will help to take a lot of pressure off of your own shoulders, while also giving you the ability to bound with your toddler. Of course, there are many great activities that you can do with your child. Within this guide, you will discover some of the best and most fun!
Activities For Toddlers At Home
Although it is fun to be outside in the hot sun, there will be days, when you’ll be stuck inside with your toddler. Of course, this doesn’t mean that the day has to be a bore! There are tons of fun thing you can your toddler can do at home together! Below, you’ll find a list of things you can your child can do at home together!
- Allow your child to wash their toys. If you have a son, you can allow him to create a car wash for all of his Hotwheels. If you have a daughter, she can wash her barbies. Not only will this get the toys cleaned and sanitized, but it’ll also teach your child the importance of baths!
- Sensory beads or water beads can be loads of fun! They’re readily available and entirely cheap! At the same time, your child will love them! When added to water, the beads will grow larger, which will give your child a little excitement. Also, they’ll love touching the squishy balls!
- Creating a child-friendly paint is entirely easy, as long as you’ve got some food coloring! All you need is some shaving cream and you’ll be able to mix it together with the food coloring to create a whole palette of beautiful colors! Your toddler will absolutely love getting their hands dirty and make a complete mess! Just be ready to clean it up afterwards!
- Create your own popsicles can be another interested activity for your toddler. All you need is some popsicle sticks and an ice tray. You can even allow your child to choose their favorite juice or beverage! This will teach them the process of water freezing and transforming into ice! They’ll also get a nice little snack, once everything has concluded.
- Do you have a big cardboard box at home? If you do, you should definitely incorporate it into the fun! Allow your child to use their imagination and create their very own castle from the box! You’ll likely need to give them a helping hand, which is actually a plus!
- How about playing “I Spy” out of the window? This can be a great time killer and will encourage your child to explore their sense! With this type of game, you have the opportunity to make it as challenging as you see fit!
- If you don’t have a cardboard box, you can always use the old fashion method of making a fort. You just need a table and a big blanket. Make sure the room is completely dark and grab your flashlight! You and your toddler can even enjoy scary books inside of the fort!
Creative Activities For Toddlers
Allowing your child to use their creativity is vital and will help them thoroughly in the future. Thankfully, there are many excellent activities that can challenges your toddler’s creativity. Some of these will be listed below.
- Coloring pencils and Crayons always do the trick! Some children will color and draw for hours on end!
- Create a scrapbook or collage with your child! You truly do not need a whole lot to pull this off. Just get a few sheets of paper, a pair of child friendly scissors and a glue stick! This can be a fun activity, which will see if your child can match together similar items. Of course, you should allow them to be as creative and wild, as possible!
- Allow your child to play with LEGOs or Playdough! Both of these fun items can help to encourage your child to use his or her creativity. They’re also very safe, readily available and generally fairly inexpensive!
- Taking your child for a blanket ride is always a fun activity. Sit him or her on a blanket and drag it across the floor! In order to encourage their imagination to go wild, you’ll want to tell them that they’re on an airplane or riding a horse! Regardless, they’ll absolutely love the activity and will cherish every moment of it!
Activities To Do With Toddlers
On nice days and when the opportunity is right, you will have a wider variety of options available to you! Although your options will depend on your toddler’s age and specific geographical location, there are many excellent activities that you can do with your toddler. Some will be listed below for your consideration!
- Take your child to the park and push him or her in the swing
- Take them to the beach and allow them to suck up the sun and wade in the water
- Visit a museum, carnival, circus or aquarium
- Go to an age appropriate amusement park
- Go to a zoo or petting zoo
- Go for a hike. You can even use a baby backpack carrier, so your child doesn’t need to walk.
- Take your toddler on a jog, while using a jogging stroller.
- Taking your toddler to the park and feed the ducks
- Partake in a local sporting event
- Do a little bit of gardening with your child! Teach him of her to plant seeds and allow them to get their hands dirty.
- Let your toddler play in the mud. Remember those good old Mud Pies? Yep! Let them get filthy!
At the end of the day, there are many different activities that you can do with your toddler. As long as the experience will be fun, engaging and somewhat educational, your truly cannot lose! Some of the potential activities have been found above! Be sure to consider some of these and use your imagination to come up with your fun things to do with your toddler!