With your child’s birth right around the corner, it is essential to start getting prepared right away! If you haven’t already started budgeting for your baby, you should start immediately. There are numerous items that you can purchase for your toddler, but some are essential and some are not. Although it is acceptable to splurge, you should feel obligated to do so. Within this guide, you will learn exactly what to buy for a newborn baby!
Before you begin shopping for your toddler, it is essential to consider your situation and budget. How much do you have left to spend? How much can you realistically spend, without damaging your wallet and bank account too badly? Putting together a reliable budget is absolutely vital and will help you avoid overspending. At the same time, you will want to put together a check list. With this comprehensive list, you won’t overspend and will only purchase exactly what you need.
Essential List Of Things To Buy For A Newborn Baby
Some items are absolutely vital and you should make sure to purchase them. For your consideration, you will find a list of essential baby items below.
- A car seat
- A toddler stroller – be sure to choose one that fully reclines, so your toddler can support their head
- Crib – Although option for the first couple of months, it’ll be essential soon after
- Crib mattress – You can’t have a crib, without a mattress
- Clothing – Be sure to choose clothing for your area’s humidity and temperature
- Diapering – Diapers, wipes, clothes, diaper rash ointment
- Feeding items – Bottles and nipples, formula or a breast pump
- Bathing items – Soaps, shampoo and lotions, towels, child appropriate tub
The above items are absolutely vital and should not be passed up!
Nonessentials – What To Buy For A Newborn Baby
Below, you will find a list of nonessential items. These can help to improve your baby’s life to some degree, while also providing you with more peace of mind. Although these aren’t vital, they should still be considered.
- Playard and bassinet
- Diaper pail
- Baby monitor – audio, video or motion monitor
- Crib mattress liner – waterproof
- Baby nightlight and sleeping machine
- Baby carrier
- Activity center
- Baby bouncer
- Rocker or glider
- Baby changing table
- Safety gates – may be essential for some homes
At the end of the day, some parents will feel the need to purchase additional items. Above you have found some of these. Be sure to consider adding them to your toddler’s arsenal.
At the end of the day, you should make sure to set a budget and stick with it. Above, you have found baby items that are essential and nonessential. Be sure to take note and purchase accordingly.