Do you enjoy riding a bike? Who doesn’t? It is nice to get away from your responsibilities and relieve yourself of your worries. Of course, this is impossible to do, as a parent, right? Not necessary! If you have a bike seat for toddler, you can take your child with you on the go! You’ll need to take a little bit of time to research the various types of seats and choose the best one for your specific situation. Within this guide, you will find information to help you find the best baby bike seat!
Number of Children
How many children are you going to be transporting with you? If you only have a single child, you’ll likely be better off with a rear seat. Those with more diverse needs will definitely want to take to the time to consider the other types of seats, as well.
Baby Bike Seat Reviews
Schwinn Deluxe Child Carrier Review
If you’re looking for the best bike seat for baby, you’ve likely found it with the awesome Schwinn Deluxe Child Carrier! This is a rear seat, which can be assembled fairly easily in most situations. Most adult bicycles will be able to utilize this seat. The seat is extremely durable, thanks to its polypropylene construction. It is very lightweight, but very sturdy, when installed properly!
As long as your child is 40 pounds and under, it’ll work great for your child. This seat is equipped with a variety of different harness and restraints, which will keep your child strapped in at all times. The seat only weighs about 8 inches, which helps to prevent your ride from changing too dramatically. More features can be found below.
- Very durable and affordable
- Can work with children up to 40 pounds
- Constructed from polypropylene
- Velcro leg restraints and padded cross bar to ensure your child doesn’t fall out or slide out of the seat
- Safety harness that can be released quickly
- Once installed, the seat can be removed and replaced, without tools
- Extremely heavy duty
Overall, the Schwinn Deluxe Child Carrier is awesome! It is definitely a great value and will give you and child the ability to ride around together and enjoy nature!
iBert Bike Seat Review
If you’re willing to spend a little bit more and want a front mounted seat, you’ll definitely want to check out the iBert Bike Seat! This is one of the most convenient bike seats on the market! It can be installed, within a matter of minutes. This is the case, because the seat installs around the handlebar steam! It is capable of supporting a child of up to 38 pounds! Although this is a little less the one above, it isn’t much of a difference.
This seat is equipped with an adjustable 3-point safety system and 180 degrees of leg protection for your child! The recommended height for this seat is 42 inches. With this seat, you will never have to worry about dirt and rocks flying in your child’s face! The best aspect of all is that this seat will give your child the best view imaginable!
- 2-year warranty for manufacturer’s defects
- Entirely effortless to install
- Very sturdy and well made
- 38 pounds maximum is good
- Helps you maintain center of gravity
- Offers safe and easy loading and unloading of your child
- Gives your child the best view possible
Although this bike will take a little getting used to, it is wonderful, once you do! There is no doubt that this is one of the very best bike seats for toddlers! If you’re looking to splurge, this is definitely one to check out!
WeeRide LTD Kangaroo Child Bike Seat Review
If you’re looking for a very stylish, comfortable and affordable child bike seat, the WeeRide is definitely a good option. By looking at the seat, you can see that it is completely designed for the comfort of your child! It’ll give them the ability to ride around like a king or queen! The seat is very relaxing and the feet slots are wide and will give them the chance to move about, while your ride along.
The mounting bar, which is used for the installation is included and makes the installation process a tiny bit easier. This seat helps to evenly distribute the weight to ensure that you are able to stabilize the bike easier, even when traveling around corners and turns. This specific product is recommended for children 4 years and young and 40 pounds and lighter. The seat is capable of being installed on almost all bikes! More pros will be found below.
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Very comfortable for your child
- Gives your child an outstanding view
- Very affordable
- Works for children up to 40 pounds and 4 years old
- Covered by a 2-year warranty
- Installs on almost all bikes
- Additional mounting bar can be purchased, if you wish to use it with an additional bike
Overall, this seat is great in all regards. It is stylish, comfortable, adjust and very affordable. Although it is a little more difficult to install, when compared to the iBert Bike Seat, it still isn’t overly difficult! In the end, this seat is well worth exploring further!
Different Types of Bike Seats for Babies
Before purchasing a bike seat for your baby, it is essential to explore the various types of seats! Below, you will be able to find a breakdown of the different types for your consideration.
- Rear Seats – These seats are available in three unique styles. There are cantilevered seats, those that attach to the rear carrier rack and those that attach directly to the seat tube and stays. Typically, those that bolt onto the frame or a rack that attaches to the frame are better and more durable! Unfortunately, they will not work with bikes, which have rear suspensions.
- Front Seats – These seats usually attach to the top tube, but they can also be equipped to the a bracket on the head tube. These seats are definitely very beneficial, because they’ll allow your child to see a lot more and will keep them directly in your few. Unfortunately, they make falls a little worse for your child and can throw off your balance.
Before you take your toddler out in their toddler bike seat, it is essential to practice a little first! By doing this, you will benefit tremendously and will be able to reassure yourself. A good way to get used to this change is by attaching the seat and weighing it down. Make sure that the seat is weighed down to your toddler’s weight specifications. Then, go for a ride! Attempt to get used to shifting the weight around, until you get it down perfectly.
Use A Kickstand
In order to keep your child safe, it is absolutely vital to buy and install a kickstand on your bike! This is vital, because your bike needs to be stabilized, before you can remove your child! The best way to do this is by using a kickstand. With this item, you will be able to get off of your bike, keep it steady and remove your child easily and without concern!
At the end of the day, the best child bike seat for one individual might not be the best for another. This is why it is vital to do a little bit of research! Put time and effort into the process, look around, reach the baby bike seat reviews above and you will ultimately be able to make a decision that suits you much better!