Are you looking for a great WIFI baby monitor for your toddler? If this is the case, you should know that there are many different options available to you. In 2015, Wi-Fi is definitely the way to go and will provide you with added peace of mind, at night and when you’re out of the house. Within this article, I will provide you with information regarding the best WIFI baby monitor 2015!
Things To Consider
First and foremost, it is absolutely vital to make sure that you know exactly what you need, before moving forward. Are you looking for a monitor that you can check, when you’re out of the house? Would you like to be able to check in on your monitor, by using your mobile phone? If you answered yes to both of these questions, you should definitely choose a Wi-Fi baby monitor. Below, you will find other aspects to consider, when purchasing one of these devices.
- Price – The prices of baby monitors can vary greatly. Some are expensive, while others are a little more affordable. Remember that you get what you pay for and it is often better to pay extra to increase your peace of mind.
- Warranty – Do not purchase anything, until you make sure that it is equipped with a warranty! Even a 1-year warranty is great.
- Night Vision – It is highly likely that you’re going to want to be able to watch your child at night. With this in mind, you should definitely select a monitor, which is equipped with night vision of some kind.
- Audio – Although audio isn’t a requirement, it is very helpful. With two-way talk, you will be able to speak to your child and you will be able to listen to him or her directly through the monitor.
- Storage – Do you want to be able to store pictures and video with your monitor? If this is the case, you’ll want to choose one with access to some type of storage. Some can store these files to a Micro SD card, while others can store the data to the cloud.
- Notifications – Notifications are vital! Being alerted for movement or noise is a great option. Be sure to find a camera that can deliver notifications through email and mobile, so you can keep up with the action, while outside of the home.
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom – Although this isn’t a requirement, pan/tilt/zoom can be exceptionally helpful and will give you the ability to monitor more of your child’s room. With this feature, you will be able to move the camera around, by using your mobile phone.
- Installation – How difficult will it be to install the device? Quicker and easier installation is always better.
- Battery – Is the camera wireless? If so, it likely utilizes a rechargeable battery. Make sure that the battery life is extensive and you won’t have to recharge too often.
Above, you have found some of the most important aspects of any baby monitor. By relying on these features, we have compiled a list of some of the best WIFI baby monitors of 2015 below.
Samsung SmartCam HD Pro Wi-Fi Camera Review
Although this camera from Samsung isn’t necessarily a baby monitor, it can serve this purpose very well! The camera offers many excellent features and is covered by a very handy 1-year Manufacturer’s warranty, which enhances the camera’s value greatly. This camera offers very effortless WiFi setup, which can be completed within a matter of minutes. You don’t need any special software or CDs. Instead, you can just download the mobile app to your iOS or Android and begin using the camera right away!
This camera offers 1080p full HD video and it really does! The video is crystal clear and looks great. It is also equipped with two-way talk, so you can speak to your child and vice versa. For night usage, this camera is equipped with true day and night. It works very well and you can see your toddler in black and white, at night. The Samsung SmartCam HD has recording capability and can record to a microSDCX member card, which you will need to purchase separately. This is great, if you wish to record and store video and audio. More pros can be found below.
- Installation very quick and easy
- Video was very impressive
- Night vision works well, but can be switched off too
- No recurring fees and very affordable
- Allows for recording
- Two-way talk for communication purposes
- 1080p Full HD video
Overall, I have spent a little bit of time with the Samsung SmartCam and it has delivered a very good performance. Although it is lacking a few features, such as pan, tilt and zoom, the price makes it well worth it! I like it and recommend it for parents that are looking for a Wifi baby monitor.
Gynoii WiFi Wireless Video Baby Monitor Review
If you’re looking for an even cheaper baby monitor that offers almost everything you could ever need, you’ll definitely want to check out the Gynoii. Despite being cheaper, I found that this camera was just as good, if not better, than some of the more expensive alternatives. This camera is great for many individuals, including working parents and grandparents.
Installation is thoroughly impressive and can be completed within a matter of minutes. This camera worked well with my iPhone and it is also compatible with various tablets and Android phones. A wide variety of other features are also included, such as two-way talk, sound and motion alerts and very clear night vision. With this camera, it is possible for both parents or multiple users to watch the stream at the same time. More pros can be found below.
- Was entirely effortless to setup
- Works with a wide variety of different devices and mobile phones
- Two-way talk works great
- Sound and motion alerts are great
- Impressive night vision
- One of the most affordable, but still great!
- Can use phone to select lullabies for your child
- Offers time-lapse videos
Although there isn’t any thermal sensor or pan/tilt, the Gynoii is an incredibly baby monitor! For the price, this could very well be the best baby monitor of 2015! I really like the clip attachment, which allows the camera to be clipped onto the side of a table or shelf. Overall, the Gynoii is great and receives two thumbs up!
Snug Baby Monitor Review
Are you looking for a great Wi-Fi baby monitor that is even cheaper than those above? If this is the case, you’ll definitely want to check out the Snug Baby Monitor! This camera offers many great features, despite the low price. With this camera, you can check in on your toddler, by using an iPhone, iPad and a variety of Android devices. Also, the camera is incredibly easy to install and setup. I was able to get it connected to my Wifi network, within short order.
The Snug Baby is capable of detecting audio and motion, so you don’t need to constantly monitor the camera. Night vision is also available. With this camera, it is possible to snap photos and record live video. A variety of settings can be adjusted from the mobile app, including turning the motion and audio detection off and adjusting the sensitivity levels of both. You can also configure the alarm mail notification feature from there. More pros can be found below.
- More affordable than most others
- Many adjustments can be made for personalization
- Offers all of the same features, as more expensive cameras
- Video quality is fairly good and night vision is decent too!
- Mobile app works excellently
Overall, the Snug Baby Monitor is a great baby monitor, which is incredibly affordable. If you’re looking for affordability and nothing else, this one is definitely worth exploring further!
At the end of the day, the best Wifi baby monitor for one individual might not the best for another. With this in mind, you will need to weigh the pros and cons of each, before making your decision. By doing this, you will be able to make the right decision for your own specific preferences, needs and desires. We sincerely hope the information above has been able to guide you in the right direction!