Many religious families work diligently to teach their children about the Bible. While it is important to start early with quoting them verses from the Bible and assuring them that God loves them, you should instill these beliefs in their mind, body, and soul.
There are many ways that you can teach your child about Jesus, but it is important to take them to church services, so they can get a firsthand look at the blessings that God can bestow upon his beloved sheep.
The infant and toddler is God’s little lamb and one day will grow up to be a faithful servant of the Lord. Below you will discover several Bible verses that will prove to you that your children are a blessing from the Almighty God.
All verses below are based on the English Standard Version, so children can understand them easier.
Scripture About Children
Many parents will question when the best time to start teaching their children about Jesus and the Bible. One thing is for sure, it is never too early to start quoting Bible verses to them and you can begin doing this, as soon as your infant is old enough to start enjoying children naptime and bedtime stories.
- John 16:21 – When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
- Psalm 127:3 – Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.
- Isaiah 54:13 – All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of the children.
Scriptures for Children
Of course, your children will not be able to understand many of the verses that are found in the Bible, but this does not mean that they should be omitted from Bible studies. There are several short verses that you child can begin to memorize at a very young age.
- Proverbs 30:5 – Every word of God proves true.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 – Whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God.
- Genesis 1:1 – In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth.
- Matthew 22:39 – You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Bible Quotes for Children
You will realize as soon as your child is born, this he or she is a gift from God. In order to have your children to grow up and follow the book of Moses, you will need to begin teaching, as soon as possible.
- Psalm 8:2 – Out of the mouth of babes and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger.
- 1 Peter 2:2-3 – Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk that by it you may grow up to salvation – if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.
- Isaiah 43:5 – Do not be afraid for I am with you.
- Psalm 19:1 – The heavens declare the glory of God.
Baby Bible Verses
All of the above verses are a great place to start, when it comes to teaching your child about the characters of the Bible. These short verses are wonderful and your children will surely enjoy memorizing and repeating them over and over again.
- Isaiah 38:19 – The living, the living, he thanks you, as I do this day; the father makes known to the children your faithfulness.
- Matthew 19:14 – “But Jesus said, ‘Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them: for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven.”
- Luke 12:34 – Your heart will be where your treasure is.
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Psalm 145:9 – The Lord is good to all.
- Numbers 6:24 – The Lord bless you and keep you.