Have you heard about all of the potential health related benefits associated with dehumidifiers? The popularity of these machines among parents has soared astronomically in the past few years. There are numerous reasons that can help to justify this fact. So, are you interested in buying a dehumidifier for your toddler? If this is the case, you will want to use the comprehensive dehumidifier buying guide below. The information will teach you everything you need to know, before you make your purchase!
Health Benefits of Dehumidifiers
First and foremost, it is imperative to learn exactly why you should consider adding a dehumidifier to your home. What exactly are the health benefits? These will be listed below for your consideration.
- These machines are capable of filtering out the air in your home and making it much cleaner and more healthy. Mould will have a much more difficult time trying to grow in your home, since the dehumidifier helps to create an unsuitable environment for mould.
- In the same sense, you can help to improve your allergies! These machines are capable of preventing dust mites from developing in your home. If you play your cards right, you might be able to eliminate your allergies altogether. If your child is plagued by constant allergic reactions, you should investigate these devices further!
- It is possible for these machines to help prevent skin irritations, by eliminating excess moisture in the home.
- Not only will your respiratory health will be enhanced, but your home will also feel much more comfortable and relaxing. Anyone, who suffers from respiratory illnesses, can find relief, by purchasing and utilizing a dehumidifier.
Overall, the benefits are definitely worth noting. Below, you will learn a little more, before I tell you everything you need to know about purchasing a dehumidifier.
How They Work
So, how do these machines work? Unlike humidifiers, the dehumidifier works in the exact opposite. Instead of increasing the moisture in the room, this device actually removes the moisture. Once the moisture has been remove, it is possible that the dehumidifier will drop the droplets into a bucket, or it may pump them outside of the home through an exhaust hose. One the air has been cleaned and dried to some extent, it is released back into the room.
Are dehumidifiers necessary?
Although many people swear by dehumidifiers, it is important to know that they’re not entirely necessary. It is reasonably possible for your child to live a healthy, allergy free life, without the use of these machines. However, there are many parents, who experience these machines and utilize them each and every day. With that being said, it is impossible to know how you’ll like one of these machines, until you give it a try.
Therefore, while it is not necessary, it can prove to be very helpful and beneficial. If you feel the need to have one, you should. Otherwise, you shouldn’t feel obligated to have a dehumidifier for your child.
Average Cost of a Dehumidifier
Once you’ve determined that you’re interested in purchase one of these products, it is essential to know how much you’re going to need to spend. Rest assured that it is entirely possible to drop the price, by purchasing a smaller product. More of this will be explored below. The average price for homeowners should be right around two hundred dollars. Again, it is possible to drop this cost, by purchasing a smaller unit.
What to Look For In a Dehumidifier
So, the price hasn’t scared you away? If this is the case, you’ll need to know exactly what to look for in one of these products. In order to do this, you will first need to inspect your home and your needs. Below, you will find the items that should be noted, before you ever look at the available dehumidifiers for your child!
- Your Area – How much space do you plan on dehumidifying? This will come into play, when attempting to choose a dehumidifier that is powerful enough for your needs. Finding the specific square footage is vital and will help you make the right decision.
- Convenience of Water Removal – Each product is equipped with a different type of water removal system. Make sure that you choose one that fits your particular convenience requirements. If you do not want to dump the water out regularly, be sure to purchase one that doesn’t require this!
- Performance and Energy Efficiency – Next, you’ll want to determine what type of energy efficiency rating you desire. Would you prefer to spend less over the years? Make sure to purchase a product is that is going to be reliable and also energy efficient, since this will help you save money over time!
Next, you will need to look at the dehumidifiers and their different parameters and specifications. Below, you will be able to learn more.
- Pints and Square Footage – Aside from the price, these numbers are undoubtedly the most important, when attempting to buy a dehumidifier. The pint per day rating can tell you exactly how much water the unit is capable of extracting from your home every day. Also, each unit will have a square footage recommendation. Although this is speculative on behalf of the manufacturer, you should make sure to choose one that at least fits your needs.
- Internal or Continuous Pump – This is vital, if you wish to continue using the machine throughout the day and night. The pump is responsible for transporting the water out of the unit and to a basin or drain. Most will be equipped with this feature, but it is still a good idea to make sure that you look for it specifically just in case!
- Type of Drain – The unit’s drain is absolutely vital! It is crucial to make sure that you choose a drain that fits your needs. If you do not want to toss out a bucket of water every hour or so, you should choose a system that can be drained easily. Of course, this will require a little bit of work on your end.
- Other Features – Finally, there are other features to consider, such as remote controls, electronic control panels and others. Although these aren’t nearly as important to the product’s performance, they’re still work considering, if you want to get the best product for your money. Also, be sure to consider wheels, so you can effortlessly move to device about.
At the end of the day, a toddler dehumidifier might not be absolutely necessary, but it can be very beneficial and can help to improve your baby’s health in some regards. If you’re interested in making the purchase, be sure to use all of the information above. This will ensure that you’re able to purchase the right unit for your specifications.
If you’re interested in purchasing a good dehumidifier for your child, I highly recommend checking out the best sellers at Amazon.