Many newborns will suffer from gastrointestinal ailments that cause an array of abnormal abdominal problems. Being a parent of a newborn that exhibits recurring stomach discomfort, it can become very bothersome and tiresome. If you have tried everything under the sun to help calm your infant, by alleviating his symptoms, you have most likely have discovered that many of the products on today’s market is ineffective.
Gripe Water For Newborns
Mommy’s Bliss gripe water is definitely very popular among parents, because it is very effective in combating the symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders such as colic and stomach viruses. This product contains active ingredients that are blended together to create an all-natural supplement that is capable of alleviating symptoms within minutes after administration.
Gripe Water For Baby
Lets breakdown some of the ingredients found in this brand of gripe water, you can get a better idea of how it works.
- Organic Ginger Extract – has been utilized for many centuries to treat gastrointestinal diseases and food flavoring. It contains anti-nausea properties that are capable of reducing nausea and vomiting. Ginger also contains shogaol and gingerol, which stimulates the production of saliva and gastric acids, this will in turn will aid in digestion.
- Organic Fennel Extract – derives from the foeniculum vulgare plant. This wonderful herb is capable of relieving many symptoms of gastrointestinal disorders. Many herbalist guarantees that this herb alone is one of the best remedy of colicky symptoms.
- Citrus Bioflavonoids – contains antioxidants, which are capable of combating free radical (cancer causing agents). It can also improve circulation and boost immune function.
What Is Gripe Water
Gripe water is a much safer alternative to Mylicon drops, which is often prescribed to treat colicky symptoms. Gripe water is an all-natural product that relieves gas, bloating, and hiccups, while soothing the tummy. It promotes the release of flatulence (gas), by promoting bowel Motility (contractions of the intestines to move waste out of the colon and rectum).
Gripe Water Side Effects
Gripe water does not contain meat by-products, alcohol, parabens, artificial flavoring, dairy, gluten, or soy products. Mommy’s Bliss is Pediatrician Recommended, which means many pediatricians around the globe recommend it for treating colic.
It is important to speak with your pediatrician, before administering any brand gripe water to your newborn. Fennel extract contains compounds that may act in the same way as the hormone estrogen. You should not use this herb for an extended amount of time, because it can potentially cause premature breast tissue development.
Some infants can experience allergic reactions to some of the ingredients found in gripe water, so make sure that you monitor for any signs of allergic reaction, especially respiratory suppression.
Gripe Water Ingredients
In order to prevent overdose, side effects, and allergic reactions, be sure to take the time to perform a thorough research of the ingredients found in gripe water.
- 2-4 weeks – 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) every four hours, but not to excceed more than 6 doses within a 24-hour period
- Infants over 1 month of age, but younger than 6 months should only take 1 teaspoon (5 ml) every four hours, but not to exceed more than 6 doses within a 24-hour period
- Infants and toddlers over 6 months of age should only take 2 teaspoons (10 ml) every four hours, but not to exceed more than 6 doses within a 24-hour period
Adults can also take this supplement for gastrointestinal ailments, as well.