As a parent, there are very few certainties in life. Those that you can count on are unfortunately not great. You can guarantee that you’re going to have to change your child’s diaper on a regular basis. At the same time, you’re going to be forced to deal with your messes that your son or daughter makes! They likely don’t mean to make these messes, but they will anyway! It is vital to remain calm and learn how to get a stain out of carpet. Within this guide, you will learn how to do just that!
Know Your Battle
First and foremost, it is essential to take the time to identify the problem. What type of stain do you need to remove? Different substances are more difficult to remove than others. At the same time, each substance requires a unique approach, in order to be removed effectively. Although the process is very similar, the concoction used in your favor will be different.
How To Get A Stain Out Of Carpet
Getting a stain out of carpet is very time consuming, but not impossible. Below, you will find the steps to follow for removing the stain.
- Blot the spot, before drying it
- Make sure that you work from the outside and proceed inward
- Rinse the stain with water
- Never ever scrub the carpet, as this could make the mess worse
How To Remove Baby Poop Stains
As bad as it may sound, it is possible for your child’s feces to spoil your carpet. With this in mind, it is essential to learn how to remove baby poop from carpets properly. There are several different ways to clean baby poop stains. The first is by using soda water. The process will be found below.
- Clean up the poop with water
- Remove as much as possible
- Blot with water
- Apply soda water
- Blot, add soda water, blot and repeat
When using this method, you may need to wait, until the stain has dried, before trying again!
Use The Rug Doctor Stain Remover
If you don’t mind using chemicals in your home, you want to consider utilize the Rug Doctor Stain Remover. This enhanced formula is very effective for removing all types of dirt, soils and stains! You don’t necessary need to use a spot cleaner, but it can be very helpful and save you some trouble. The Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner is a wonderful option, if you don’t want to scrub on your hands and knees!
By following the same method, as mentioned above, but using this formula, you will be able to get the poop stain removed, without much difficulty. If you use the spot cleaner, the stain will be removed even easier!
How To Remove Baby Oil Stains From Carpet
Removing baby oil from carpet requires a little bit of work and effort. You’ll need some baking soda or cornstarch. The steps below can be followed for the best results.
- Sponge or blot up the baby oil
- Use an absorbent, such as baking soda of cornstarch. Allow this to soak in for 15 minutes or so
- Vacuum up the concoction, which will absorb and remove the baby oil
- The above may need to be repeated, if you’ve spilled a large quantity of baby oil
- Using a cloth or sponge to remove the rest of the baby oil. A dry cleaning solvent may be needed and multiple attempts may be required
How To Remove Baby Food Stains From Carpet
If your baby has spilled his or her baby food or formula onto the carpet, it is essential to get it removed right away! Allowing it to sit can lead to problems. Therefore, you should utilizes the steps below to help you.
- Blot up as much of the liquid as possible
- Scrap up the rest of the solid foods
- A sponge and dry cleaning solvent can be used to blot up the mess. Be sure to work from the outside inward
- Continue this process, until the stain is removed
- Rinse the spot with a liquid solvent
- Allow to dry completely
Overall, toddlers and babies are going to make messes from time to time! You shouldn’t grow angry! Instead, you should utilize the information above to help guide you in the right direction! By doing so, you will be able to get the stain removed and your carpet will return to perfection!