When your son of daughter begins to get a little bit older, it is highly likely that he or she will ask you for some type of mobility toy. Some will want a bike, others will want roller skates and some will even ask for a scooter! In the past few years, toddler scooters have definitely grown more popular. These items can be fun, exciting and they’re typically safe. Within this guide, you’ll learn all you need to know about purchasing a scooter for toddler!
Benefits Of Toddler Scooters
First and foremost, you should make sure that you understand the benefits of these items. The benefits are very similar to those that are provided, by bicycles. These will be listed below for your convenience.
- Gets your toddler outside into the sun
- Can allow your toddler to burn off tons of energy and calories
- Allows your toddler to learn to balance themselves
- Can be extremely fun
- The exercise can improve your toddler’s health
Overall, a scooter is an excellent choice for your child, but you will need to proceed with caution. There are some risks involved with these toys, but they’re not anymore dangerous than bicycles. By utilizing the right pads and helmet, you will be able to protect your child and maintain your peace of mind.
Best Scooter For Toddlers – Micro Mini Kick Scooter Review
If you’re looking for a very cool scooter for your toddler, you will definitely want to check out the Mini Micro Scooter. The item’s price is fairly affordable and shouldn’t cause too much grieve, when purchasing. This scooter is available in a wide variety of cool colors, including pink, blue, yellow, aqua, red, purple and a few more. This helps to guarantee that your toddler’s preference and gender is matched perfectly.
This item is designed in a way that makes it safe for even the youngest of toddlers. This is the case, because the deck is placed very close to the ground. This makes it easy for children to jump on and off of the scooter quickly and easily. The desk provides enough room for both feet, so your toddler can alternative between kicking legs or just ride along and enjoy the breeze.
The polyurethane wheels are very well made and can smoothy glide over bumps and sidewalks easily. Your toddler will love the lean-to-steer mechanism, whcih allows them to surf through their neighborhood. More pros of this item will be listed below for your consideration.
- Affordable enough for almost everyone
- Award winning design
- 3-wheel scooter is suitable for children from 3 to 5 years old
- Assortment of different cool colors to choose from
- Very durable and all parts are replaceable
- High quality polyurethane wheels
- Can hold up to 44 pounds
- One of the best rated scooters!
Overall, this is definitely one of the best, if not the very best toddler scooter on the market! It is extremely well made, durable, safe and will provide your toddler with hours and hours of fun! It is well worth checking out!
Best Scooter For Toddler – Radio Flyer Ride 2 Glide Ride On Review
There is no doubt that Radio Flyer has been in the industry for many years and they’re consistently released some brilliant products. The Ride 2 Glide Ride On is a great option for parents and toddlers. This specific scooter actually adjusts, as your toddler begins to grow. The scooter can be transformed from scooter to ride-on, without the use of any tools! This cool little scooter also includes a small basket. This will give your child the ability to carry around their toys wherever they go!
For the convenience of the parents, this Radio Flyer Scooter only weighs 7 pounds! It is recommended for children from the age of 12 months to 4 years old. Although this one is specifically designed for outdoor use, some have also used it inside. Overall, the ride is smooth, fast and fun! Your toddler will definitely love this item and will continue to use it as they grow older and older. This makes the scooter much more cost effective. More pros can be found below.
- Very affordable and grows, as your child begins to age
- Assembly is very quick and should take more than 30 minutes
- Very stylish, although there is only one color
- Includes a handy little basket
- Can transform from scooter to ride-on, without the need for any tools
- Very fun and will keep your child entertained
Overall, the Radio Flyer Ride 2 Glide Ride On is an excellent option for all parents! It is affordable, versatile, durable and well worth exploring a little further!
Best Toddler Electric Scooter – Lil’ Rider Harley Motorcycle Review
If you want to take things a little bit further, you might want to invest in an electric scooter for your child. These scooters might come with a few additional risks, but they’re definitely fun and can be safe, as long as you take more steps to protect your toddler. The Lil’ Rider Harley Motorcycle is a great toddler electric scooter, which measures in at 34″ by 22″ by 25.5″. It utilizes a 6V 4AH battery.
The 18 watt battery is strong enough to allow your toddler to travel at 3 miles per hour. Take note that this motorcycle is only suitable for children from 2 to 4 years old. It comes with a battery charger, so your son or daughter will be able to utilize it repeatedly! Of course, the biggest kicker with this item is the overall design and style. It is very cool and will certainly impress your child to no end! More pros can be found below.
- Fairly affordable, despite being electric
- Travels at a safe speed of 3 mph
- Appropriate for children from 2 to 4 years old
- Very cool design and resembles a Harley motorcycle
- Only weighs 14.1 pounds
Although this is a great option and is fairly affordable, it does have a few problems. The battery life weakens, with age, which can become annoying. However, for the price, this item is well worth it.
How To Purchase The Best Scooter For Toddler
When attempting to purchase one of these items, you will have many different options to play around with. Each characteristic and feature is exceptionally important and none should be ignored. Below, you will be able to find some of these for your consideration.
- Electric or Manual – An electric scooter can be tons of fun, but it also comes with added risks and potential problems. The batteries within these scooters can become problematic with time, so you might want to be prepared to purchase an additional one. A manual scooter requires your toddler to exercise and is typically a little less expensive.
- Number of Wheels – It should be known that toddler scooters are available with a various assortment of different wheels. Some have two wheels, while others have three or four. The four-wheel scooters are fairly new to the market and offer more safety and improve stability. Two-wheel scooters are definitely the most difficult to control and potentially the most dangerous.
- Weight Recommendations – When attempting to purchase one of these items, you should also check out the item’s weight recommendations. Make sure that it’ll fit your toddler perfectly.
- Age Recommendations – At the same time, each scooter will be categorized with a specific age recommendation. Some are 12 months to 4 years and so on. Be sure to choose one that fits your toddler’s age range.
Toddler Scooter Safety
Also, it is absolutely vital to make sure that you work diligently to keep your toddler safe, when allowing them to ride their scooter. Purchasing pads and a helmet is absolutely vital! More safety tips can be found below for your convenience.
- Make sure that the steering system works correctly
- Always check the bolts to ensure that they’re secure
- Set guidelines and limits for your toddler, in terms of how far they can travel! Practicing road safety for kids is absolutely essential!
- Always require your toddler to wear their toddler bike helmet and pads!
- Supervisor your child, at all times
At the end of the day, allowing your son or daughter to own a scooter isn’t a death wise. They’re fairly safe, as long as you take the right precautions. Above, you have found all of the information needed to purchase and provide your toddler with a great scooter, which will provide them with hours and hours of fun!